• Tournament registration will close on Friday, September 7th at 9pm EST.
• The group stages will be displayed afterwards.
• Tournament starts on Saturday, September 8th at 9am EST. It’s your team captain responsibility to contact the opponent’s captain with the information provided in Toornament.
• Teams will be seeded into a double-elimination tournament based on their team ranking average.
• Qualifications will be played as a best-of-3.
• Semi finals match will be played as a best-of-5 (final of the winner bracket and final of the loser bracket).
• The finals match will be played as a best-of-7, with the winner’s bracket finalist starting the series up 1 match to 0. The map rotation will be control / escort / hybrid / assault / escort / control.
2. Player Eligibility
All players participating in Overwatch competitions must enter their Overwatch BattleTag game ID. The game account is needed to invite players into a custom match and to check if the correct player is playing. In order to participate in dreamhack tournament, you must meet the following requirements:
• Your team must be registered on the Toornament website.
• You must join the public Discord (https://discord.gg/4Sjvfna)
and join #overwatch-byoc channel.
• Your team must assign a team captain to represent your team.
• Your team captain must have join #overwatch-captain channel under his/her BattleTag name following by your team name.
• Your team captain must have give your team ranking average and check-in at the admin desk before Friday, September 7th at 9pm EST.
• You must have your career profile visibility set to public.
(In order to make sure the seeding is as fair as possible)
• Team rosters must consist of at least 6 players.
• Teams are only allowed to play with players on their roster with a registered game account.
• Playing with different players and/or illegal ringers will result in punishment.
• Each team will be allowed a substitute. The substitute must be added to the team roster prior to the tournament starting. A player cannot play in 2 different teams throughout the weekend.
• Each player (including substitute) must have a BYOC tickets before the tournament.
• Substitutes cannot begin playing on a map that has already been started.
4. Match settings
Rule set: Competitive
High bandwidth: On
• Start of the tournament - quarterfinals: Best of Three
• Semifinals: Best of Five
• Finals: Best of Seven
Map rotation: Single map
Return to lobby: After a game
The higher seed starts the map veto
• Available maps: King's Row, Numbani, Watchpoint: Gibraltar, Dorado, Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya, Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Hollywood, Ilios, Route 66, Eichenwalde, Oasis, Horizon Lunar Colony, Junkertown, Blizzard World & Rialto
Hero selection limit: 1 per team
• All heroes are currently allowed
Role selection limit: None
Allow hero switching: On
Respawn as random hero: Off
Disable kill cam: On
Control game mode format: Best of 3
Health modifier: 100%
Damage modifier: 100%
Healing modifier: 100%
Ultimate charge rate modifier: 100%
Respawn time modifier: 100%
Ability cooldown modifier: 100%
Disable skins: Off
Disable health bars: Off
Disable kill feed: Off
Headshots only: Off
• In case of a tie on Assault, Hybrid or Escort a preset Best of Three Control map is to be played. The winner of the control map will win the tied map.
• Please note: Control maps picked in from the map pool are to be played as a Best of Three
5. Pause, Disconnects and Forfeits
Please resolve any problems that might occur before a match starts. Agreements between the teams/players have to be posted in #overwatch-captain channel. The match must be played with the right settings. Make sure all players are eligible to play. In team games, all players must be registered for their corresponding team.
• In the case that a player(s) disconnects, the team is allowed to continue to play the match at a disadvantage.
• Participants can choose to forfeit a match if they wish. Forfeiting will result in loss of the match and possible penalty points. In this case, forfeit have to be posted in #overwatch-captain channel.
• During matches, it is forbidden to use the pause without an obvious reason, such as player disconnects. Custom game host/moderator have to pause the game immediately when a team request it in chat.
• Team that requested pause need to announce the reason before or immediately after pause.
• Each team is granted a total of 10 minutes pause time during the match.
• When resuming the game from pause, both teams need to confirm in chat that they are ready to continue.
• If total pause time of 10 minutes runs out, the game has to be resumed, no matter if the issue got fixed or not. If one team refuses to resume the game, the oppose team will receive a default win.
• Admins hold the right to request teams to pause during the match in case of any other issues, and the time used to pause the match will not count for the team it was requested to.
• During the tournament, if a team is not fully present in the lobby 15 minutes after the scheduled time, they will lose the first match of the Bo3. If after 30 minutes from the scheduled time of the first match the team didn’t show, the series will be forfeited to the team present. Screenshots with the time must be presented immediately to the admins for confirmation.
Both team captain are responsible to enter the correct result in Toornament. Results must be submitted after all games have been played. When a match is finished, contact the tournament administrator on Discord. If anything is unclear, team captain should have screenshots and the required replay files available to verify the result and file a protest.